[CentOS-mirror] Esslingen Mirror

Wed Nov 30 10:37:30 UTC 2016
Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de>

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 11:27:42AM +0100, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 29/11/16 15:53, Adrian Reber wrote:
> > Could you please change the URL from our mirror from
> >
> > http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/centos/
> > ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/centos/
> > rsync://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/centos/

> > http://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/centos/
> > rsync://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/centos/
> >
> > please also remove the FTP link as I would prefer people not using FTP.
> >
> > We are also providing HTTPS links if that is something which can be
> > listed:
> >
> > https://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/centos/
> >
> > We are also mirroring altarch which is available at:
> >
> > http://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/centos-altarch/
> > rsync://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/centos-altarch/
> > https://mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/centos-altarch/
> >
> > 		Adrian
> >

> Done, but is that a good idea to have two mirrors (by looking at it) in
> the same university and same subnet ? mirror1 and mirror2 ?
> Usually we only allow one and also list one in our mirrorlists in such case

I guess that is up to you. The systems are indeed only one rack apart.
Instead of load balancing on our side we have both systems in the
mirrorlists of the mirrored projects. We are doing that now for multiple
years with multiple mirrored project. The outgoing bandwidth is higher
than the combined bandwidth of a single system. That's our reason.

		Adrian