[CentOS-mirror] Help registering new mirror

Anssi Johansson centos at miuku.net
Mon Sep 5 11:21:28 UTC 2016

5.9.2016, 14.11, Ross Thomas kirjoitti:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to register a new mirror and don't seem to be winning. I am
> using the template and info provided
> at https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors.
> The results from sending the email are below. Could someone point me in
> the right direction and let me know what I have done wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Ross
>
> The results of your email command are provided below. Attached is your

centos-mirror at centos.org instead of
centos-mirror-announce-request at centos.org.

But now that you managed to post your information to the correct list,
your mirror addition request can be processed.

Looks like your mirror is not reachable from the Internet:

$ telnet mirror.wiru.co.za http
Trying 154.66.153.4...
telnet: connect to address 154.66.153.4: Network is unreachable

$ telnet mirror.wiru.co.za ftp
Trying 154.66.153.4...
telnet: connect to address 154.66.153.4: Network is unreachable

$ telnet mirror.wiru.co.za rsync
Trying 154.66.153.4...
telnet: connect to address 154.66.153.4: Network is unreachable

Perhaps some sort of a firewall issue?