[CentOS-mirror] Help registering new mirror

Ross Thomas

rosst at wiru.co.za
Mon Sep 5 11:43:19 UTC 2016

Hi Anssi,

Had the group set group on rsyncd.conf. Please can you test again.

Thanks,
Ross

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 at 13:38 Anssi Johansson <centos at miuku.net> wrote:

> 5.9.2016, 14.26, Ross Thomas kirjoitti:
> > Hi Anssi,
> >
> > Sorry about that. Quite right, it was a firewall rule. Please can you
> > test again?
>
> HTTP and FTP seem to work fine now, but rsync might need a bit more work:
>
> $ rsync rsync://mirror.wiru.co.za/centos/
> @ERROR: invalid gid nobody
> rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
> main.c(1516) [Receiver=3.0.9]

Regards,

Ross Thomas

Network Infrastructure Engineer

*WIRUlink Pty Ltd*

*Helpdesk/Office: 010 595 0000*

www.wiru.co.za

Well connected...

*Disclaimer*

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message and
may be subject to legal privilege. Access to this e-mail by anyone other
than the intended is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient
(or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not
use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message (or any part of its
contents) or take any action in reliance on it. In such case, you should
destroy this message, and notify us immediately. If you have received this
email in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or telephone and
delete the e-mail from any computer. If you or your employer does not
consent to internet e-mail messages of this kind, please notify us
immediately. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no
viruses are present in this e-mail. WiRUlink Pty Ltd cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail
or attachments we recommend that you subject these to your virus checking
procedures prior to use. The views, opinions, conclusions and other
informations expressed in this electronic mail are not given or endorsed by
WiRUlink Pty Ltd unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative
independent of this message.