[CentOS-mirror] Switching to a new infrastructure, need access to sync from eu-msync.centos.org

Anssi Johansson

avij at centosproject.org
Mon Apr 10 14:15:29 UTC 2017

10.4.2017, 16.58, Jose Manuel Macias Luna kirjoitti:
>   we are moving our mirror to a new infrastructure, so I'd need to get
> authorized a new IP address to sync from eu-msync.centos.org.
>
> What's the right way of asking for this? is it through this list, or
> should I send a message to any other address?

This list would be the correct place. My preference for the procedure is
to add the new IP addresses to the ACL, and set the old IP addresses to
expire automatically from the ACL one month from the day the new IPs got
added. This should give sufficient time for the migration, and it would
also make sure the old IP addresses will eventually get removed from the
ACL.

The one month limit is not set in stone, but I do prefer that there's
some limit, be it half a year if needed. If you have any particular
wishes regarding this, let us know. We try to be accommodative for
mirror admins' needs.