[CentOS-mirror] APAC msync mirror

Thu Feb 16 07:21:37 UTC 2017
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 16/02/17 07:21, Levi Pihema-Lindsay wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Is there by chance an apac msync mirror?
>
> If not, what would it take if I were to offer a server here to be the
> apac msync mirror?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Levi Pihema-Lindsay
> http://2Pro International Limited
> e: levi at 2prointl.co
> p: +64275258549

There are, but not that many, and not well connected.
If you're rsync'ing from those regions, you should land automatically on
those, as msync.centos.org is GeoIP redirected to node in the same
continent/region (if available)

Majority of our msync nodes are in US/Eu zones, and here and there we
have donated nodes (for example) :

- one in Brazil for South America
- one in South Africa for Africa
- one in Australia for Oceania
- two in Malaysia and one in Vietnam for Asia

So we're happy to have more msync nodes in those regions, when we'll get
donated dedicated servers there (see https://wiki.centos.org/Donate)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab