[CentOS-mirror] Mirror Deprovision

Anssi Johansson centos at miuku.net
Mon Jan 23 18:26:10 UTC 2017

23.1.2017, 19.59, Brock Harris kirjoitti:
> I’m afraid we are losing our ability to maintain our public CentOS
> mirror as we were acquired by Involta and they have pulled my resources
> used for our mirror, regardless of my rational pleading.
>
> Country: US
> State: ID
> Company: SolutionPro
> Host: mirror.spro.net
>
> I still get email from the original email address (@solutionpro.com)…I’m
> not sure what additional hoops I need to jump through to get us removed
> from the list.

Hi, thank you for the notification and thank you for operating that
mirror until now. Fabian will remove the mirror from the list once he
gets around to doing it (these tend to be done in batches).

If you want to speed up the process somewhat and to provide a "grace
time" for clients using your mirror, you can adjust your rsync script to
remove the TIME and timestamp.txt files from the root of the mirror
after syncing. This will cause the mirror monitoring script to mark your
mirror as old, without affecting the CentOS installations still using
your mirror. CentOS may cache the retrieved list of mirrors for a while,
perhaps for around a week or so.