[CentOS-mirror] Global Mirror Network

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Thu Jan 26 12:30:15 UTC 2017

On 22/01/17 10:24, Christopher Hawker wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have established a global CentOS Mirror network, details of which are
> below. Fabian, when you can, could you please add these IPs to the ACLs.
> I don't know if you want to add each server individually, the global
> link or both, to the mirror lists. The mirror can be accessed by going
> to http://mirror.chrishawker.com.au which will redirect you to your
> nearest mirror, or you can override this by selecting one of the mirrors
> below.
>

> http://<region-id>.mirror.chrishawker.com.au/centos
> http://<region-id>.mirror.chrishawker.com.au/centos-altarch
>
> ftp://<region-id>.mirror.chrishawker.com.au/centos
> ftp://<region-id>.mirror.chrishawker.com.au/centos-altarch
>
> rsync://<region-id>.mirror.chrishawker.com.au/centos
> rsync://<region-id>.mirror.chrishawker.com.au/centos-altarch
>
> Hostname: us-west-1.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: us-west-1
> IP: 52.52.213.184
> Location: North California, USA
>
> Hostname: us-east-1.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: us-east-1
> IP: 34.197.177.116
> Location: North Virginia, USA
>
> Hostname: us-east-2.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: us-east-2
> IP: 52.14.57.250
> Location: Ohio, USA
>
> Hostname: us-west-2.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: us-west-2
> IP: 52.11.232.241
> Location: Oregon, USA
>
> Hostname: ca-central-1.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: ca-central-1
> IP: 52.60.103.85
> Location: Central Canada
>
> Hostname: eu-west-1.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: eu-west-1
> IP: 34.248.151.186
> Location: Ireland
>
> Hostname: eu-central-1.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: eu-central-1
> IP: 35.156.207.248
> Location: Frankfurt, German
>
> Hostname: eu-west-2.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: eu-west-2
> IP: 52.56.117.237
> Location: London, England
>
> Hostname: ap-northeast-2.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: ap-northeast-2
> IP: 52.79.116.239
> Location: Seoul, South Korea
>
> Hostname: ap-northeast-1.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: ap-northeast-1
> IP: 13.112.75.182
> Location: Tokyo, Japan
>
> Hostname: ap-south-1.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: ap-south-1
> IP: 35.154.136.108
> Location: Mumbai, India
>
> Hostname: sa-east-1.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: sa-east-1
> IP: 52.67.243.77
> Location: São Paulo, Brazil
>
> Hostname: ap-southeast-1.mirror.chrishawker.com.au
> Region ID: ap-southeast-1
> IP: 52.221.52.20
> Location: Singapore

> [...]

Well, trying to understand this : it seems you wanted to have a "nested"
mirrorlist ?
As mirrorlist.centos.org already do the GeoIP lookup, and so gives you
back a list of servers in your country (or nearby countries if less than
10), why are you doing that on your side ?

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab