[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror in Myanmar

Anssi Johansson

avij at centosproject.org
Mon Jul 31 22:41:08 UTC 2017

Sein Kalar kirjoitti 15.6.2017 klo 1.33:
> HTTP: http://centos.webhostmm.com/
> Sync schedule : Every 4 hrs
> Bandwidth : 20Mbps at the moment (We have plan to increase 30Mbps or
> 50Mbps depends on ISP. And we are requesting ISP to increase Local
> Domestic Speed up to 100Mbps)
> Location : Asia
> Region : Myanmar
> Sponsor : Web Host Myanmar
> Sponsor URL : http://www.webhostmm.com
> IPv4 address to authorize : 122.248.104.4
> Email contact : seinkalar at gmail.com
> Mirroring AltArch  : No
>
> Please guide me how to lock files or give me a sample script please.
>
> Regards,
> Win Maw Oo
> Web Host Myanmar
> www.webhostmm.com <http://www.webhostmm.com>
> <http://www.myanmaronlinenetwork.net>

Hello, and sorry for the extremely late reply. We had some concerns
about the speed, but in the case of Myanmar I'd be willing to give this
a try. Domestic speed of 100Mbps would be really good to have if you can
get that. Do note that if we get complaints from users in Myanmar that
your mirror is slower than mirrors in neighbouring countries, we reserve
the right to pull the mirror from the list of mirrors.

That was not the main reason for the delayed reply, though. The problem
was that I didn't have a good mirroring script handy, and my
prefectionist nature prevented me from giving you a script that might
not fulfill all the requirements you might have. If you are still
looking for a mirror script, it would be neat if some of our fellow
mirror admins could share the scripts they are actually using.

Your mirror has now been added to the database, but it will not show up
on the lists until it has been synchronized again. You should now be
able to rsync directly from rsync://msync.centos.org/CentOS/