[CentOS-mirror] New CentOS public Mirror in Botswana by Retention Range (PTY) Ltd.

Anssi Johansson

avij at centosproject.org
Wed Jul 26 19:47:04 UTC 2017

Phenyo Sabone kirjoitti 26.7.2017 klo 13.23:

> Good day Admin,
>
> We would like announce new CentOS public mirror,please add to the public
> mirror list;
>
> HTTP: http://mirror.retentionrange.co.bw/centOS/
> FTP: ftp://mirror.retentionrange.co.bw/centOS/
> RSYNC:We don't provide Rsync access.
>
> Sync schedule: Every 2 hrs Bandwidth: 100Mbps.
> Location: Botswana,Africa
> Sponsor: retention Range (PTY) Ltd
> URL:www.retentionrange.co.bw
> IPv4 address to authorize:192.168.1.140
> IPv6 address to authorize: N/A
> Email contact:info at retentionrange.co.bw
> <mailto:info at retentionrange.co.bw>/ psabone at retentionrange.co.bw
> <mailto:psabone at retentionrange.co.bw>
> Mirroring AltArch :*No*

This mirror has now been added, but as mentioned by others, the IP
address you specified is not valid for this purpose because it is a
private network IP address. I added 168.167.90.251 (the IP address of
your mirror in DNS) instead. If this is incorrect, please let me know
and I'll adjust the access control list accordingly.

If you are unsure about the IP address, running this command will show
you the IP address in the error message: rsync -4
rsync://no-access.miuku.net/keep-out/

The error message will probably be something like "access denied to ..
from 168.167.*.*". If you can't sync from
rsync://msync.centos.org/CentOS/ now, please tell me the IP address that
was shown in the above error message.