[CentOS-mirror] Change IP / Adding IPv6

Anssi Johansson avij at centosproject.org
Fri Mar 24 12:43:23 UTC 2017

Hmm, those changes should have propagated to msync nodes by now.. The IP
addresses currently registered in the database for your mirror are
(cut&paste):

107.161.48.78
2605:8680:14:10::2
192.173.144.38
2605:8680:ffff::2

Please confirm your outgoing IP address is indeed among those. "curl
ip.miuku.net", "curl ipv4.miuku.net" and "curl ipv6.miuku.net" may help,
although HTTP proxies may cause oddities in those results.

I also note that the IPv4 address of mirror.lax.hugeserver.com in DNS is
107.161.48.45 and not 107.161.48.78. This may be intentional, but
pointing it out nevertheless.

You could also try rsync with -4 and -6 options to check if the problem
is related to IPv4 or IPv6, or both.

If the problems persist, I'll need to summon Fabian to check out the
actual situation on msync nodes.

24.3.2017, 14.31, Mirror HugeServer Networks kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> [root at mirror ~]# rsync -aqzH --delete msync.centos.org::CentOS
> /home/public_html/centos/
> @ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS'
> rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
> main.c(1503) [receiver=3.0.6]
> [root at mirror ~]#
>
> It seems it is not added currently. Can you please verify again?
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Anssi Johansson <avij at centosproject.org> wrote:
>> 24.3.2017, 13.44, Mirror HugeServer Networks kirjoitti:
>>>
>>> Hi Fabian,
>>>
>>> We have 2 public mirrors with you guys,
>>>
>>> http://mirror.jax.hugeserver.com/centos/
>>> and