[CentOS-mirror] us-msync.centos.org::CentOS -- Unknown module

Greg Sims

webmaster at raystedman.org
Sat Mar 25 16:10:39 UTC 2017

We recently added IPv6 Support to our server and requested that you add our
IPv6 to the database for Rsync.  The was accomplished on Mar 22.

We has been having trouble updating our mirror since this time.  It worked
for a period of time and now it stopped. I understand there may be some
propagation time for our IPv6 to reach all of your servers.  After three
days, I feel this should be complete.

Here is what happens:

[rsync at ray06 ~]$ ./centos-mirror

running as: rsync

Sat Mar 25 10:56:28 CDT 2017

Rsyncing with:
     /bin/nice /usr/bin/rsync -azHv --delete --delay-updates
     us-msync.centos.org::CentOS
     /var/www/vhosts/raystedman.net/anon_ftp/pub/centos

msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosv)
---------------------------------------

This service is intended for the sole use of the CentOS worldwide mirror
network
to synchronize mirrors.

Unless you are running or intending to run a listed public CentOS mirror
use a mirror listed at http://centos.org/download/mirrors

If you intend to populate a mirror for public use please read the
notes at http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors

If you do use this service then it is implied that you are providing a
mirror for public use and giving us authority to publicise such mirror.

@ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS'
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1516)
[Receiver=3.0.9]
Sat Mar 25 10:56:29 CDT 2017

1490457389
1490349601
The mirror age is: 107788

Please notice the ERROR towards the bottom.  We have not make any other
changes but to start using IPv6.  Please check our authorizations for:

IPv4: 173.193.171.186, 173.193.191.120
IPv6: 2607:f0d0:1103:120::2

Thank you, Greg