[CentOS-mirror] ACL migration a.k.a. Unknown module 'CentOS' errors

Thu Mar 2 03:39:03 UTC 2017
Anssi Johansson <avij at centosproject.org>

Hello everyone. As some of you may have noticed, I have started helping
Fabian Arrotin with mirrorlist management tasks. For example, I can now
make changes to the list of CentOS mirrors myself. I will also continue
maintaining the IPv6 mirror checker (see http://miuku.net/ipv6reach/ for
stats), which runs separate from the main CentOS mirror checker.

In order for me to change the access control list which specifies the IP
addresses that can connect to msync.centos.org nodes, the ACL had to be
moved from a separate configuration file to the main mirror database.
This gives me easier access to the ACL. The ACL is exported from the
database to msync nodes periodically.

The reason why I'm writing this message is that it's possible that some
of the IP addresses got accidentally assigned to mirrors that have been
disabled, and this causes that IP address to be excluded from the ACL. I
don't expect this to be a particularly widespread problem, but it is a
possibility.

If you have problems syncing (you get a message like Unknown module
'CentOS' and/or your timestamp.txt is too old), please let us know and
we'll fix the problem ASAP. Please specify your mirror's http URL and IP
addresses (IPv4, and if you're lucky enough to have IPv6, that too) so
that we could locate your mirror's data from the database quickly.

Thanks for your cooperation. If you have any other concerns or
questions, feel free to send me an email or come to #centos-mirror on
Freenode for a chat.