[CentOS-mirror] how to make my mirror shown in the mirror list

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Wed May 10 12:35:00 UTC 2017

On 10/05/17 07:20, 顾刘健 wrote:
> I am the mirror's admin at Nanjing university of Posts and
> Telecommunications,i also announced this mirror -'mirrors.njupt.edu.cn'
> before, and it shows in the http://mirror-status.centos.org and it looks
> ok,i can get other machines to update using this mirror automatically in
> my school before ,but now it doesn't show  in the mirror list ,when i
> use the yum fastest mirror  plugin ,is there anyway to correct this
> problem or is there anyway to better match  this mirror in my school
> .When I registered this mirror in fedora mirror list ,it shows me that
> you can set some ip blocks that my school uses.

I see that your mirror is actually listed for China :

 curl -4 'http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?repo=os&arch=x86_64&release=7&cc=cn'
http://mirrors.neusoft.edu.cn/centos/7.3.1611/os/x86_64/
http://mirrors.hust.edu.cn/centos/7.3.1611/os/x86_64/
http://ftp.sjtu.edu.cn/centos/7.3.1611/os/x86_64/
http://mirrors.btte.net/centos/7.3.1611/os/x86_64/
http://mirrors.cn99.com/centos/7.3.1611/os/x86_64/
http://mirrors.sohu.com/centos/7.3.1611/os/x86_64/
http://mirrors.163.com/centos/7.3.1611/os/x86_64/
http://mirror.bit.edu.cn/centos/7.3.1611/os/x86_64/
http://mirrors.njupt.edu.cn/centos/7.3.1611/os/x86_64/
http://mirrors.aliyun.com/centos/7.3.1611/os/x86_64/

So now, if your nodes are having a fastest link to another mirror in
that list, they'd use the fastest one and not the nearest one.
As we don't track incoming ASN, we don't associate ASN and mirrors in
the list : the logic for mirrorlist is just to return a list of
current/up2date mirrors in the country, and limited to 10 mirrors
(selected randomly in the DB if there are more than 10 current ones)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab