[CentOS-mirror] @ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS'

Anssi Johansson

avij at centosproject.org
Sun May 14 20:15:00 UTC 2017

abdulaziz.alahmad at glesys.se kirjoitti 13.5.2017 klo 23.24:
> Hi there!
>
> We are geting the following error today.
>
> root at mirrors:~# rsync -aqzH --delete eu-msync.centos.org::CentOS
> /home/http/CentOS/
> @ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS'
> rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
> main.c(1653) [Receiver=3.1.1]
>
> Is ther anything we should change so set this right?

Levi's suggestion of using -4 to force the use of IPv4 may help as a
temporary workaround if you have recently added an IPv6 address to your
mirror server. If this is the case, please tell us your IPv6 address so
we can add it to the whitelist.

Try running these two commands on your mirror server and report their
output:

rsync -4 rsync://no-access.miuku.net/keep-out
rsync -6 rsync://no-access.miuku.net/keep-out

The output will show your IP addresses.