[CentOS-mirror] ftp.wrz.de IPv6

Christian Freund

freund at wrz.de
Thu Oct 19 09:41:21 UTC 2017

Hello List,

the mirror-system at ftp.wrz.de is now also available via IPv6 at 2003:d1:3012::400 (AAAA entry for ftp.wrz.de was added) and has been upgraded to a 300 Mbit/s uplink. It seems to work because after the DNS-entry was up there was traffic via v6 instantly.

Please add
2003:d1:3012::400
2003:d1:3012::401
2003:d1:3012::402
2003:d1:3012::403

to the hosts that are allowed to sync. I currently added -4 to the rsync-command (the default rsync on CentOS prefers IPv6), but I want the sync to work with IPv6.

We are working on getting an authoritative DNS for IPv6, so in future v6-only-systems that use v6-only-dns-servers which directly query v6-only-root-dns (this constellation should be rare currently) can find to us as well.

mit freundlichem Gruß
Christian Freund
Christian Freund - freund at wrz.de
- Weseler Rechenzentrum -
Hans-Bernhard Rehnke GmbH & Co KG
Kreuzstraße 9
D-46483 Wesel
Tel: ++49-(0)281-25066
Fax: ++49-(0)281-24416
Internet: http://www.wrz.de
E-mail: support at wrz.de
Geschäftsführung: Michael Rehnke, Dieter Hoppen

Handelsregister: Hans-Bernhard Rehnke KG
Amtsgericht Duisburg HRA 7239
WRZ Geschäftsführungs- und
Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH, Wesel
Amtsgericht Duisburg HRB 10975