[CentOS-mirror] Question about mirroring

Sun Oct 8 08:19:09 UTC 2017
Anssi Johansson <avij at centosproject.org>

Didier Aeschimann kirjoitti 8.10.2017 klo 1.13:
> Hello,
>

> I was wondering if it was possible to mirror older versions also.
>
> I have noticed some requests for 5 on our mirror, I have plenty of
> storage and would not mind hosting the entirety of the vault.

It's not really about the storage space.. Some people may not have fully
understood that CentOS 5 is EOL, and continuing to provide working
repositories for them would give them a false sense of security. There
will be no more updates published for CentOS 5, even for critical
security vulnerabilities. Therefore I'd rather break the C5 repositories
(like they are now) so that those persons would come forward and ask
what's up, so that we could tell them to upgrade to a supported release.