[CentOS-mirror] New Centos-Mirror

Anssi Johansson avij at centosproject.org
Wed Apr 18 18:44:06 UTC 2018

Tarun Kumar kirjoitti 13.4.2018 klo 18.48:
> Dear all,
>
> We are pleased to be able to provide public mirror services for CentOS
> project at Council of Information Security in New Delhi , INDIA.
> Initial sync is done and cron job set up with locking so all should be
> well.
>

> HTTP: http://mirror-lnx.councilinfosec.in/centos/
> RSYNC: currently not available
>
> Sync schedule: Every 6h
> Bandwidth: 100 Mbps
> Location: New Delhi, India
> Sponsor: Council of Information Security
> Sponsor URL: http://councilinfosec.org/
> IPv4 address to authorize: 122.176.115.141
> IPv6 address to authorize: x
> Email contact: tarun at councilinfosec.org
> Mirroring AltArch  : no

Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid your mirror might not be fast
enough to be added to the mirrorlist. 100 Mbps is already at the lower
bound.

In this particular case the actual download speed seems to peak at
around 100 KB/sec, depending on where I'm testing from. We already have
a few gigabit mirrors from India, and I'm afraid adding your mirror to
the list would not really benefit CentOS users in India.

If you want to provide bandwidth for the project, I usually direct
people to run a bittorrent seeder for the .iso images. This is suitable
for lower bandwidth servers as well. This involves installing a
bittorrent client, downloading some .torrent files from the "isos"
directory and letting your client seed the bits to other bittorrent users.