[CentOS-mirror] Partially sync vault.centos.org/5.11/

Anssi Johansson avij at centosproject.org
Sun Apr 22 17:04:36 UTC 2018

Olivia Nelson kirjoitti 22.4.2018 klo 17.40:
> Hi there
>
> I'm trying to create a partial mirror of vault.centos.org, aka
> http://vault.centos.org/5.11
>
> Since I only need the binary RPMS, does anyone know how much disk
> space is required to save the whole folder?

I'm sure you are already aware that CentOS 5 went EOL a year ago, and
stopped receiving any updates at that point. Therefore using CentOS 5
for anything is a security risk.

That said, I made a copy of the 5.11 files before they vanished from
mirror.centos.org (for no particular reason apart from preserving
history, I haven't had a CentOS 5 system anywhere for years), and here
are some disk usage stats:

$ du -sh */i386
32K	addons/i386
1.5G	centosplus/i386
32K	contrib/i386
32K	cr/i386
129M	extras/i386
32K	fasttrack/i386
9.1G	isos/i386
4.6G	os/i386
8.4G	updates/i386

$ du -sh */x86_64
32K	addons/x86_64
1.1G	centosplus/x86_64
32K	contrib/x86_64
32K	cr/x86_64
140M	extras/x86_64
32K	fasttrack/x86_64
11G	isos/x86_64
5.3G	os/x86_64
11G	updates/x86_64

$ du -sh 5.11
50G	5.11

If you use rsync to get the files, using the -H flag (preserve hard
links) saves a few bits because some files in i386 and x86_64 are the
same. Some rsync servers for vault are listed on
http://vault.centos.org/notonvault.html