[CentOS-mirror] Taking Down Mirrors.GpMidi.Net

Anssi Johansson avij at centosproject.org
Wed Aug 15 06:12:07 UTC 2018

Paulson McIntyre kirjoitti 15.8.2018 klo 5.57:
> Hey,
>
> I'm going to be discontinuing the server that mirrors.gpmidi.net
> <http://mirrors.gpmidi.net> is hosted on in the next few weeks. How long
> should I leave it up once it's removed from rotation? I'm not in a huge
> rush; a week or two is fine.

Hi, I've now marked your mirror as gone so it won't be included in
mirrorlist.centos.org output any more (after the next mirror crawler
run), nor will it be listed on the download page. You are still allowed
to sync from msync.centos.org to provide a smooth mirror shutdown. I set
the IP address to expire two months from now, I think this will be
sufficient.

By default yum will cache the list of mirrors for 24 hours, so you
should be seeing a minimal amount of traffic in a few days. It is
possible that someone has explicitly set baseurl to point to your
mirror, but there's nothing anyone can do about it, except for the
admins of those systems. If you leave your mirror running for a week
it's probably fine, but if the reduced amount traffic does not bother
you, you can keep it running for a while longer. You can check your web
server logs and draw your own conclusions about the traffic.

Thanks for the notice, and thanks for the bandwidth you have provided!