[CentOS-mirror] rsync mirroring of debuginfo.centos.org broken?

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Sat Dec 22 11:04:59 UTC 2018

On 22/12/2018 07:54, Mats Kronberg wrote:
> Since approximately December 7th we (mirror.nsc.liu.se) are not able
> to mirror debuginfo.centos.org.
>
> Example:
>
> $ date; rsync -vvv debuginfo.centos.org::centos-debuginfo
> Sat Dec 22 07:53:11 CET 2018
> opening tcp connection to debuginfo.centos.org port 873
> sending daemon args: --server --sender -vvvde.Ls . centos-debuginfo/
>
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosl7)
> ---------------------------------------
>
> This service is intended for the sole use of the CentOS worldwide mirror network
> to synchronize mirrors.
>
> Unless you are running or intending to run a listed public CentOS mirror
> use a mirror listed at http://centos.org/download/mirrors
>
> If you intend to populate a mirror for public use please read the
> notes at http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors
>
> If you do use this service then it is implied that you are providing a
> mirror for public use and giving us authority to publicise such mirror.
>
> @ERROR: Unknown module 'centos-debuginfo'
> rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
> main.c(1503) [receiver=3.0.6]
> _exit_cleanup(code=5, file=main.c, line=1503): about to call exit(5)

Yes, we realized that it shouldn't even have been enabled, and we don't
have enough storage/nodes/bandwidth for this either.
I was even up to a point where I thought about completely removing the
http service due to lack of sponsored nodes for this

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab