[CentOS-mirror] Upcoming new public IP address for mirror.umd.edu

Moshe M. Katz

mmkatz at umd.edu
Thu Jul 12 15:22:27 UTC 2018

Hello,

We just received new hardware for mirror.umd.edu (about 8 years overdue to
replace our failing 12 year old hardware), which will be installed in a
different datacenter on our campus than we are currently using, which means
that our IP address will be changing.

The new IP address will be: 128.8.133.9

We would like to get our new IP added to the whitelist for rsync so that we
can make this switch.

Please do not remove the old IP (129.2.73.2) yet from the whitelist, as we
will be having both machines run for a while to ensure everything is
working before we do the switch.

Thank you,
Moshe