[CentOS-mirror] Check the linux.cs.nctu.edu.tw CentOS mirror IP

Fri Jul 20 15:04:42 UTC 2018
Anssi Johansson <avij at centosproject.org>

韋佳均 kirjoitti 20.7.2018 klo 17.56:
> To whom it may concern
>
> I am a new system administrator fromlinux.cs.nctu.edu.tw
> <http://linux.cs.nctu.edu.tw/>(centos.cs.nctu.edu.tw
> <http://centos.cs.nctu.edu.tw/>)
>
> And I want to sync the centos package from msync.centos.org
> <http://msync.centos.org/>
> but I got the error message
>
>     @ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS'
>     rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
>     main.c(1657) [Receiver=3.1.3]
>

> I search from google, And I find the message
> http://grokbase.com/t/centos/centos-mirror/149ka8ehsy/cant-rsync-from-msync-centos-org-centos
>
> So, I think I must to check our machine is in white list.
> My machine IP is "140.113.168.126"
>
> If IP is not current, may I update the information.
> Sync schedule: Every 6 hrs
> Bandwidth: 1Gbps
> Location: Asia Taiwan
> Sponsor: Computer Science Computer Center, National Chiao Tung University
> Sponsor URL: https://www.cs.nctu.edu.tw/cchonor/
> IPv4 address to authorize: 140.113.168.126
> IPv6 address to authorize: -
> Email contact: weicc at cs.nctu.edu.tw <mailto:weicc at cs.nctu.edu.tw>
> Mirroring AltArch  : not yet

We seem to have 140.113.168.126 enabled already. Perhaps your server has
an IPv6 address? Does rsync work better if you use the -4 option to
force the use of IPv4?

If this is the case, I'd prefer to add your IPv6 address to the
whitelist as well so you would not need to sync over a legacy protocol.

This would be a good way to determine your IPv6 address:

$ rsync -6 rsync://no-access.miuku.net/keep-out
@ERROR: access denied to keep-out from yourhostname (2001:db0::123)

(the error message shows your IPv6 address, if you have one)