[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror Traffic Expectations

Jonathan Wright

jonathan at knownhost.com
Fri Jun 8 13:13:38 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up 1-4 mirrors and I'm wondering what sort
of traffic stats I should expect in general, and then surrounding new
releases.  All 4 mirrors would have dedicated gigabit links and be in
the following locations:

Baltimore, MD, USA
Dallas, TX, USA
Seattle, WA, USA
Amsterdam, NL

I'm just trying to get an idea of what is actually going to be
consumed.  Am I looking at pushing the pipe size a lot of the time or
should I expect 10-20Mbps or somewhere in between?  If anyone in similar
geographic locations could share some stats that would be great.

--
Jonathan Wright
KnownHost, LLC