[CentOS-mirror] Duplicate mirror on list

Tue May 1 01:41:26 UTC 2018
Anssi Johansson <avij at centosproject.org>

Christopher Hawker kirjoitti 25.4.2018 klo 18.00:
> Hi All,
>

> I have noticed that there are are 2 duplicate mirrors, different
> hostnames resolving to the same IP address. Is this common practice? I
> believe that this is not appropriate because if the server goes down, it
> takes out 2 "mirrors".
>
> [snip]
>
> What is the normal procedure for this sort of situation? Removal of one
> of the hosts appears to be the only appropriate solution.

True, I don't think arrangement is a good idea.

$ host mirror.crucial.com.au
mirror.crucial.com.au is an alias for mirror.digitalpacific.com.au.
mirror.digitalpacific.com.au is an alias for mirror02.digitalpacific.com.au.
mirror02.digitalpacific.com.au has address 101.0.120.122
mirror02.digitalpacific.com.au has IPv6 address 2401:fc00:0:201::2

I've now marked mirror.crucial.com.au as disabled for now, and CCed them
for possible extra information.