[CentOS-mirror] CentOS Mirror

Tue May 15 02:29:20 UTC 2018
Anssi Johansson <avij at centosproject.org>

Anssi Johansson kirjoitti 14.5.2018 klo 10.12:
> Temur Maisuradze kirjoitti 1.5.2018 klo 17.08:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have done setup of the new mirror, initial sync and cron job.
>>
>> HTTP: http://centos.grena.ge/
>> HTTPS: http://centos.grena.ge/
>>
>> Sync schedule: Every 2 hrs
>> Bandwidth: 1 Gbps
>> Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
>> Sponsor: GRENA
>> Sponsor URL: https://www.grena.ge/
>> IPv4 address to authorize: 217.147.225.74
>> Email contact: sysadmin at grena.ge
>> Mirroring AltArch: no
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Temur Maisuradze
>> System Administrator
>
> Hmm, your mirror would be gladly accepted, but I ran into an issue while
> validating your mirror. My own mirror checking script (written in Perl)
> said that it could not download some files, but accessing those same
> files with a normal browser worked OK.
>

> This works (edited for brevity):
>
> $ telnet centos.grena.ge 80
> GET /timestamp.txt HTTP/1.1
> Host: centos.grena.ge
> Accept: */*
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Server: Apache
>
> Mon May 14 04:48:01 UTC 2018
>

> However, these two variants give a 403:
>
> $ telnet centos.grena.ge 80
> GET /timestamp.txt HTTP/1.1
> Host: centos.grena.ge
> Accept: */*
>
> HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
> Server: Apache
>
> You don't have permission to access /timestamp.txt on this server.
>
> $ telnet centos.grena.ge 80
> GET /timestamp.txt HTTP/1.1
> Host: centos.grena.ge
>
> HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
> Server: Apache
>
> You don't have permission to access /timestamp.txt on this server.
>

> Looks like your server requires both User-Agent and Accept fields. Is
> this intentional? I'm afraid this will cause problems with our mirror
> validating scripts, and perhaps also for other users of your mirror who
> don't send an Accept header. Most clients do send the User-Agent header,
> so that is less of a concern.

It turns out that our mirror validating scripts would not catch this
problem, but when I plugged in your mirror URLs to my CentOS 6 and
CentOS 7 installations I got those 403 Forbidden errors.

# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto
Setting up Update Process
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors
to try.
http://centos.grena.ge/7/updates/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14]
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

I'm afraid I will need to disable your mirror in our database until this
issue has been resolved.