[CentOS-mirror] IPv6 added

Sun May 20 21:09:48 UTC 2018
Anssi Johansson <avij at centosproject.org>

Quentin Schoemaker kirjoitti 19.5.2018 klo 21.33:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if I need to mention this to the mirror mailing list, but I added IPv6 connectivity to my mirror.
> So IPv6 address: 2a02:58:93:200::20 is added to mirror.schoemaker.systems and should be accessible for IPv6 enabled systems.

Thanks. mirrorlist.centos.org will pick up such IPv6 address additions
automatically, but announcing the addition had the benefit that I was
able to add your IPv6 address to the msync.centos.org whitelist, so you
can sync over IPv6 now.

I ran a check on your mirror, and it seems that
ftp://mirror.schoemaker.systems/centos/ is unreachable over IPv4 and
IPv6, and rsync://mirror.schoemaker.systems/centos/ is unreachable over
IPv6. I don't mind dropping your FTP URL from
https://www.centos.org/download/mirrors/ if fixing FTP sounds like too
much work for you, but getting rsync working over IPv6 would be nice.

HTTP seems to work fine over both IPv4 and IPv6.

$ curl -4 ftp://mirror.schoemaker.systems/centos/TIME
curl: (7) Failed connect to mirror.schoemaker.systems:21; Connection refused

$ curl -6 ftp://mirror.schoemaker.systems/centos/TIME
curl: (7) Failed connect to mirror.schoemaker.systems:21; Connection
timed out

$ rsync -6 rsync://mirror.schoemaker.systems/centos/
rsync: failed to connect to mirror.schoemaker.systems
(2a02:58:93:200::20): Connection timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(125)
[Receiver=3.1.2]