[CentOS-mirror] Freezing temporary the mirrors proposal due to upcoming 7.5.1804 release

Tue May 1 06:36:12 UTC 2018
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Hi,

We're now really close to the 7.5.1804 release, and due to the fact that
we'll release for multiple arches at the same time, I'd like to propose
the following: we'll "freeze" the existing mirrors situation, meaning
that we'll not process new mirrors proposal until 7.5.1804 is released
and mirror network (msync nodes) being back to stable mode.

Worth noting that all that infra runs on donated/sponsored machines, and
we even have to remove temporary some of those nodes from the
msync.centos.org network, due to high bandwidth usage (some sponsors
clearly asked us to not go higher than maximum value for a month, or
nodes are powered off automatically).

With that in mind, we'd like so to focus on getting the release asap
available on external mirrors, and after that we'll consider new mirror
proposals again.

That also means that if you're willing to help/sponsor the project to
enhance the msync.centos.org network, you can also donate/sponsor some
nodes directly to the CentOS project
(https://wiki.centos.org/Donate#head-2d5ae152a1967f88237a2d61216613e142d42fc1)

Kind Regards,
--