[CentOS-mirror] Server migration

Anssi Johansson avij at centosproject.org
Mon Nov 12 18:09:40 UTC 2018

Christian Reiss kirjoitti 12.11.2018 klo 18.43:
> Dear esteemed colleagues,
>
> the mirror server on alpha-labs.net is upgrading and consolidating with
> several other mirror services. This will cause the URL to change from
>
>     http:://centos.alpha-labs.net/

>     http://mirror.alpha-labs.net/centos/
>
> also the IP will change from
>
>     84.246.124.43
>     2a01:1f8:2000::14

>     84.246.124.55
>     2a01:1f8:2000::55
>
> respectively. Currently both services and up, running and synced. Once
> the new URL has been propagated the old servers will retire.
>
> Nothing else will change.
> Have a great start into the week!

Hi, I also changed the https and rsync URLs accordingly. The IP address
changes have now been made, and the old IP addresses will be dropped
automatically in two months.

You may want to have a look at your IPv6 firewall config, though -- your
http, https and rsync are not available over IPv6 on the new server.