[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror: BUANA dotnet

Anssi Johansson

avij at centosproject.org
Mon Nov 19 14:00:16 UTC 2018

OK, thanks for information. I need to comment on that blog posting that
people must not use "createrepo" to generate the repodata. All the
repodata files come from msync.centos.org. If some mirror admin creates
their own repodata, it will break the GPG signing of repomd.xml (see
repomd.xml.asc). You can "yum remove createrepo" if you had installed it
only for this purpose.

Additionally, public mirrors should sync their content with only one
rsync command (again, without excluding anything) and not separately for
each version or repository.

Your rsync seems to be accessible now and there are repodata files as
well, so I've now added your mirror to the list. You can now switch to
rsyncing from rsync://msync.centos.org/CentOS/

But there's one more issue that needs to be fixed: You don't seem to be
using the -H option to rsync that would preserve hard links. This will
be important when 7.6.1810 gets released, because the packages you
already have in the 7.5.1804/cr repository are the same ones that will
end up to 7.6.1810/os. If you don't have that -H option in your rsync
command line, you will need to transfer those packages again, instead of
rsync simply linking them together. All you need to do is to add the -H
flag to your rsync command line, and the situation will be fixed the
next time you sync. You can check this afterwards by running "stat
/path/to/mirror/centos/7.5.1804/os/x86_64/images/boot.iso". There should
be "Links: 2" in the output. The other instance of that file is at
centos/7.5.1804/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-NetInstall-1804.iso

The -H flag is mentioned on
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors but sadly not on the
blog page you linked to.