[CentOS-mirror] New mirror

Ian Harrier Ian.Harrier at mobap.edu
Thu Sep 13 17:32:38 UTC 2018

Hello,

No problem with the email address.

I think the issue with the X-Forwarded-For header should be resolved.  Please let me know if it appears so from your end, too.

Thank you!

--
Ian Harrier
Network Engineer

On 9/13/18, 11:34 AM, "CentOS-mirror on behalf of Anssi Johansson" <centos-mirror-bounces at centos.org on behalf of avij at centosproject.org> wrote:

    Ian Harrier kirjoitti 13.9.2018 klo 18.44:
    > HTTP: http://mirror.mobap.edu/centos/
    > RSYNC: n/a
    > Sync schedule: Every 6 hrs
    > Bandwidth: 500 Mbps + 500 Mbps (two ISPs)
    > Location: Missouri, United States
    > Sponsor: Missouri Baptist University
    > Sponsor URL: https://www.mobap.edu
    > IPv4 address to authorize: 71.91.230.132 and 12.50.48.19
    > IPv6 address to authorize: n/a
    > Email contact: ian.harrier at mobap.edu (and netadmin at mobap.edu, if possible)
    > Mirroring AltArch: no

    Hi, unfortunately we can use only one email address as the contact email
    address.

    There's one odd problem with your mirror that I would like to get fixed
    before I add your mirror to the list. It appears that if the HTTP
    request to your mirror contains an X-Forwarded-For header with any
    value, the request gets dropped. This X-Forwarded-For header is added by
    various proxies such as Squid, which I'm using here at home. For example:

    $ curl -v -m 60 -H "X-Forwarded-For: x"
    http://mirror.mobap.edu/centos/timestamp.txt
    * About to connect() to mirror.mobap.edu port 80 (#0)
    *   Trying 12.50.48.20...
    * Connected to mirror.mobap.edu (12.50.48.20) port 80 (#0)
     > GET /centos/timestamp.txt HTTP/1.1

    * Operation timed out after 60001 milliseconds with 0 out of -1 bytes
    received
    * Closing connection 0
    curl: (28) Operation timed out after 60001 milliseconds with 0 out of -1
    bytes received

    $ curl http://mirror.mobap.edu/centos/timestamp.txt
    Thu Aug 30 13:12:01 UTC 2018

    Our mirror crawler can't detect this kind of a problem by itself,
    therefore I'll need to wait until this gets fixed before I add the
    mirror. Thanks for checking this!