[CentOS-mirror] Centos mirror registration

Anssi Johansson avij at centosproject.org
Wed Apr 3 19:48:35 UTC 2019

Justas Umbrasas kirjoitti 3.4.2019 klo 14.03:
> Hello,
>
> we would like to be registered as centos mirror.
>
> HTTP: http://mirror.litnet.lt/centos/
> HTTPS: https://mirror.litnet.lt/centos/
> RSYNC: rsync://mirror.litnet.lt/centos/
>
> Sync schedule: Every 6 hrs
> Bandwidth: 10gbit
> Location: Lithuania
> Sponsor: Litnet
> Sponsor URL: https://www.litnet.lt/
> IPv4 address to authorize: 83.171.20.4
> IPv6 address to authorize: 2001:778:0:20::4
> Email contact: mirror at litnet.lt
> Mirroring AltArch: no

Hi, your mirror has been added and you can now rsync from
rsync://msync.centos.or/CentOS/

I note that the IP addresses for which you requested authorization
differ from the entries in DNS. This may well be intended, but we may
need to take a closer look at the IP addresses in case you have "module
not found" errors when rsyncing from the above rsync URL. This would
mean the connection comes from an address that is not registered as an
authorized IP address.

A good way to determine your actual outgoing IP address is to run these
two commands:

rsync -4 rsync://no-access.miuku.net/keep-out
rsync -6 rsync://no-access.miuku.net/keep-out

The error message you get will tell you the IP address the remote end
sees when connecting. If you can rsync from
rsync://msync.centos.or/CentOS/ then everything's fine and you can
ignore this troubleshooting step.

Thanks!