[CentOS-mirror] create public mirror in our country

DevPGSV Pablo devpgsv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 07:56:30 UTC 2019

From
https://centos.org/download/mirrors/
Choose a mirror (as close as possible to you) with rsync enabled.

Rsync it to a local directory:

Something like:

rsync -aqzH --delete rsync://themirror/centos/
 /path/to/local/mirror/root

Should work, but you can tweak rsync parameters.
Once you have a local copy of the mirror, use a cronjob (or similar) to
execute that command once every 4 or 6 hours.
Wait some days, monitoring your mirror to be sure that everything is setup
correctly.

Then, submit your mirror information to the mailing list. Here an admin
will check your info and whitelist your IP to be able to access the
"parent" mirror.

Once you have confirmation your IP is whitelisted, change the mirror you
are using to sync to:
msync.centos.org::CentOS

So the final command could be:

rsync -aqzH --delete msync.centos.org::CentOS /path/to/local/mirror/root

Even if the steps I explained are enough, be sure to read again
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors to understand everything.

Once you have your mirror setup and whitelisted you can check it here:
https://mirror-status.centos.org/ (it may take some hours to be listed).

Hope it helps!