[CentOS-mirror] Reinclusion request for altarch mirror in Thailand

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Mon Dec 16 10:13:23 UTC 2019

On 16/12/2019 10:50, Patrick Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I may be so bold, and without ill intent, there seems to be some
> issue with your database management. I have included here a link to an
> Archive page including our historic listing. . .
> https://web.archive.org/web/20190816172658/https://www.centos.org/download/altarch-mirrors/
>
> Checking through my personal email archives, the original notification
> of our public mirror being online was on the 8th of March this year.
> However, it appears to have been deleted from the CentOS mailing list.
> Either there is an error, or someone over there seems to have a stick in
> their craw for Thailand mirrors.
>
> Patrick

Let's not dive into politics or false assumptions like you do.
We don't have anything against Thailand mirrors, and I even added a new
msync node there to speed things up , so to let external mirrors in that
region to get faster updates through rsync with a local msync node in
Thailand :)

Let's so not spend too much time to "who's right, etc .." but I looked
in my mail archives (receiving all mail sent through lists.centos.org)
and the only thing I can see is what I can see on
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror/2019-March/011534.html

So it was about another Thailand mirror, that Anssi added.

FWIW, Anssi decided to leave the project, but it can be that you had
exchanged mails with him directly and so while having the
[CentOS-mirror] tag, conversation went private ?

Anyway, to cut a long story short : if you can be a public mirror for
all content, happy to add your mirror (for all) once asked and validated :-)

Kind Regards,
--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab