[CentOS-mirror] New CentOS mirror request

Anssi Johansson

avij at centosproject.org
Fri Jun 7 20:15:08 UTC 2019

Christopher Raven kirjoitti 7.6.2019 klo 20.07:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> Please see submission as follows:
>

> HTTP: http://repos.cianhost.net/
> RSYNC: rsync://repos.cianhost.net/
>
> Sync schedule: ~Every 6 hrs (4x per day)
> Bandwidth: 1Gb
> Location: Hong Kong (SAR)
> Sponsor: CiAN Networks
> Sponsor URL: https://www.cian.net/
> IPv4 address to authorize: 103.113.20.52
> IPv6 address to authorize: n/a
> Email contact: mirrors.noc at cian.net
> Mirroring AltArch: no

Hi, I'm afraid your mirror's directory layout does not quite fulfill the
requirements. http://repos.cianhost.net/ shows directories base,
centosplus, extras, updates which seem to contain packages from the
respective 7.6.1810 repositories, but mirrors should have much more
content than those repositories. See for example
http://mirror-hk.koddos.net/centos/

I'm not sure how you got your content, but perhaps you used reposync.
That is not going to work, please use rsync instead. Something like
"rsync -avzH --progress rsync://mirror-hk.koddos.net/centos/
/var/www/html/centos" might work for you. Change /var/www/html/centos
according to your local configuration, and make sure the target
directory (centos) exists before rsyncing. You can use any mirror
offering rsync as a source for your initial sync, see the list at
https://www.centos.org/download/mirrors/

Speaking of rsync, rsync://repos.cianhost.net/ does not seem to work:

$ rsync rsync://repos.cianhost.net/
rsync: failed to connect to repos.cianhost.net (103.113.20.52):
Connection refused (111)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(125)
[Receiver=3.1.2]

Additionally, rsync URLs require the module name in the URL, so I would
recommend configuring your rsync daemon so that the URL pointing to
CentOS files would be rsync://repos.cianhost.net/centos/

Please let us know when these issues have been resolved. Thanks!