[CentOS-mirror] Own CentOS MirrorList

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Mon Jun 10 06:04:53 UTC 2019

On 10/06/2019 07:32, Daniel Watson wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Apologies in advance for the noise.
>
> I am interested in setting up my OWN mirrorlist  like http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock where it pulls a few local mirrors,  but mine would be statically set with 3 or 4 different location URL's
>
> Basically my plan here is,  if the closest mirror I operate cannot be reached, it will try another mirror from a different geographic location
>
> I was wondering if anybody on-list might be able to provide some insight on how I can accomplish this? And use ?release=  and &arch=  and &repo=  ?

> Cheers

Hi Daniel,

that's what we do for ouw own centos infra, and is really simple :
- dns override for mirrorlist.centos.org
- local httpd vhost that returns what yum is expecting

I gave a talk last year about caching things, and also redirecting to
such internal mirrors transparently :
https://people.centos.org/arrfab/Events/CentOS-Dojo-2018/Content%20caching%20for%20faster%20build-and-deploy%20ops.pdf
Starting reading around slide 11

PS : I'd consider starting a new thread on the main centos list, as it's
probably a better place to discuss such thread ?

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab