[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror: mirrors.lug.mtu.edu

Zachary Jones zrjones at mtu.edu
Wed Oct 16 14:56:06 UTC 2019

Fabian,
Here is our updated listing.

HTTP: http://mirrors.lug.mtu.edu/centos/
HTTPS: https://mirrors.lug.mtu.edu/centos/
RSYNC: rsync://mirrors.lug.mtu.edu/centos/
FTP access also provided
Sync schedule: Every 6 hrs
Bandwidth: 1G
Location: Upper Peninsula Michigan, USA
Sponsor: Linux/Unix Users Group at Michigan Tech
Sponsor URL: https://lug.mtu.edu/
IPv4 address to authorize: 141.219.188.21
IPv6 address to authorize:
Email contact: lug-server-admins-l at mtu.edu
Mirroring AltArch: Yes
AltArch HTTP: http://mirrors.lug.mtu.edu/centos-altarch/
AltArch HTTPS: https://mirrors.lug.mtu.edu/centos-altarch/
AltArch Rsync: rsync://mirrors.lug.mtu.edu/centos-altarch/

I don't know how your mirrors list redirection work but with our
fedora and epel mirror they give us the option of adding our local
subnet so that local client redirect to us.
If guys also do this you can redirect 141.219.0.0/16 to our mirror server.
Also I noticed that our mirror is listed under a separate "mi"
category rather than the United States category in the status page. I
was just curious if there was any reason for it.

Thanks,
Zach