[CentOS-mirror] new mirror: mirrors.eze.sysarmy.com

Eduardo Casarero

eduardo at sysarmy.com.ar
Wed Oct 16 12:49:16 UTC 2019

Hi Fabian, I know it looks weird, but in our case we managed to get a vm
inside the NAP in Buenos Aires, and our collocation for the mirror
(baremetal) is on a provider that has a direct link to the NAP too, so
Argentinian users will get better bw if hitting the edge vm rather than the
collocation, ideally I'd have hosted everything in the NAP but there is no
available capacity.

So we have a: internet -> proxy -> mirror.

This NAP is part of a network of NAPs in many points of argentina
https://www.cabase.org.ar/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Poster-Cabase-2019.pdf
serving
directly from the nap should improve the overall experience for argentine
users.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 2:57 AM Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:

> On 15/10/2019 18:28, Eduardo Casarero wrote:
> > Hi Admins, please review our new mirror.
> >
> > HTTP: http://mirrors.eze.sysarmy.com/centos/
> > HTTPS: https://mirrors.eze.sysarmy.com/centos/
> >
> > Sync schedule: Every 6 hrs
> > Bandwidth: 500Mbit
> > Location: Argentina, Buenos Aires.
> > Sponsor: Sysarmy
> > Sponsor URL: https://sysarmy.com
> > IPv4 address to authorize: 200.55.240.170
> > Email contact: eduardo at sysarmy.com <mailto:eduardo at sysarmy.com>
> > Mirroring AltArch: no
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> Hi, when checking the mirror, we see a diff between the advertised
> A/AAAA record and the one you ask to be authorized :
>
> Checking url http://mirrors.eze.sysarmy.com/centos/ ...
> Mirror URL: http://mirrors.eze.sysarmy.com/centos/
> IPv4 Address: 200.9.157.182
> IPv6 Address: 2001:13c7:600a:209::182
> Country: Argentina - AR
>
> Can you confirm that you don't want your mirror to be authorized but
> rather an IPv4 address from another subnet ? and so justify why ? (more
> curious than anything else but still ..)
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> --
> Fabian Arrotin
> The CentOS Project | https://www.centos.org