[CentOS-mirror] PicoNets WebWerks mirror

Anssi Johansson avij at centosproject.org
Thu Sep 19 17:33:31 UTC 2019

Nilesh kirjoitti 19.9.2019 klo 20.01:
> On 19/09/19 11:49 AM, Anssi Johansson wrote:
>> Nilesh Srinivasa kirjoitti 19.9.2019 klo 9.16:
>>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 11:43 AM Anssi Johansson <avij at centosproject.org
>>> <mailto:avij at centosproject.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>>      Nilesh kirjoitti 19.9.2019 klo 7.20:
>>>      > HTTP: http://mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in/centos-mirror/
>>>      > HTTPS: https://mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in/centos-mirror/
>>>      >
>>>      > Sync schedule: Every 8 hrs
>>>      > Bandwidth: 1 Gbit
>>>      > Location: Mumbai, India
>>>      > Sponsor: PicoNets WebWerks
>>>      > Sponsor URL: http://piconets.com
>>>      > IPv4 address to authorize: 43.240.66.200
>>>      > IPv6 address to authorize: 2401:7500:fff5:1::50
>>>      > Email contact: mirrors at piconets.com <mailto:mirrors at piconets.com>
>>>      > Mirroring AltArch: no
>>>
>>>      Hi, your mirror seems to be otherwise OK, but all the "repodata"
>>>      directories are missing. Please do not exclude those repodata
>>>      directories when rsyncing.
>>>
>>>      Please let us know when this has been fixed so I can add your
>>> mirror.
>>>      Thanks!
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We are not part of official CentOS mirror and we sync from another
>>> mirror. I sent this mail out so that we can be part of the official
>>> mirror network & sync directly from CentOS servers.
>> All the other external mirrors should have those "repodata" directories
>> as well. Where did you sync your mirror content? That mirror would need
>> to be fixed.
>>
>> If that other mirror does not, for some reason, have those repodata
>> directories, please pick some other mirror from
>> https://www.centos.org/download/mirrors/ as the source.
>
> The mirror we used to sync from doesn't exist anymore.
> I have synced from another mirror.
>
> Should we continue syncing from there or sync from official CentOS server?

OK, I only wanted to make sure this was not a local problem at your
mirror, therefore the request to have the mirror fully functional before
adding your mirror to the list of CentOS mirrors, which grants you
access to rsync from us.

Looks like the repodata files are there now, so your mirror has now been
added and you can now switch to rsyncing from
rsync://msync.centos.org/CentOS/

Thanks!