[CentOS-mirror] Spring Clean-up (aka removing dead mirrors from crawler/lists)

Tue Apr 14 11:46:41 UTC 2020
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Hi all,

When having a look at https://mirror-status.centos.org, I saw that we
had quite some mirrors that don't seem to be monitored (despite previous
mail sent to PoC) and in bad shape (not reachable or really outdated).
Those mirrors are automatically removed from yum/dnf produced lists, but
still eats time at the crawler process level when trying to
validate/reach out those mirrors.

For that reason, I so disabled those mirrors in our DB and such nodes
are so gone from https://mirror-status.centos.org/ (which is so now in
"good shape")

In case your mirror would be impacted (but weren't paying attention to
previous mails nor your own monitoring for your pull script), you can
still reply on the centos-mirror list *after* you have verified what was
wrong and how you fixed it.

Kind Regards,

--
Fabian Arrotin