[CentOS-mirror] Mirror blocked from rsync?

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Tue Apr 28 07:24:26 UTC 2020

On 25/04/2020 19:04, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running mirror.isoc.org.il <http://mirror.isoc.org.il> which also
> has a mirror for CentOS (around 10-12 years) and also appeared on the
> official list.
>
> Recently , I keep getting errors from rsync for not being able to find
> the CentOS module or a welcome message that says "unless your run or
> intended to a public mirror..". Probably depends which server answers
> under msync.centos.org <http://msync.centos.org> (also used to work with
> eu-msync).
>
> My guess is that my IP got blocked / blacklisted, can someone check
> mirror.isoc.org.il <http://mirror.isoc.org.il> (192.115.211.70) ?
>
> Thanks,

Yes, per announce on this list (but you were problably not reading it
while we ask all mirrors admins to do so), mirrors that were out-of-date
and not monitored by mirrors admins were just disabled, as it's taking
plenty of time on our mirrors crawler to try to validate mirrors which
are out-of-date .

Let me enable you back but if it's falling again it will be disabled (I
should have a public policy stating this somewhere)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab