[CentOS-mirror] possible values for the yum infra variable

Mon Apr 6 17:05:29 UTC 2020
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 06/04/2020 18:03, Adrian Pascalau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What are the possible values for the yum infra variable? I've seen so
> far two values, genclo and stock, both written in /etc/yum/vars/infra,
> however I could not find any documentation about them.
>
> This infra variable is sent to the mirror server to get the list of
> closest mirrors:
>
> [BaseOS] name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
> mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=BaseOS&infra=$infra
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Adrian P

It's not used at all ...
It was initially injected in some cloud images in case we wanted to
redirect eventually somewhere else for a nearest mirror, but we have
used something else to automatically redirect AWS/EC2 instead of relying
on just some yum/dnf vars.

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab