[CentOS-mirror] Stale mirror content

Lance Albertson

lance at osuosl.org
Mon Aug 17 16:33:04 UTC 2020

We've been noticing this lately on our mirrors too and we sync upstream to
CentOS's primary mirrors. For example, this morning we got dozens of emails
such as these:

Not using downloaded epel/repomd.xml because it is older than what we have:
  Current   : Sun Aug 16 00:47:07 2020
  Downloaded: Sat Aug 15 00:25:46 2020

Unfortunately, I don't have information on which mirror we pulled from
before the time this was run but I can probably update our scripts so we
can track this better. I suspect there might be an issue with one or more
of the upstream mirrors not being in sync sometimes. I wonder if this is
related to the other thread I started regarding centosv4.centos.org being
slow for us.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 6:36 AM Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:

> On 30/07/2020 03:05, Mason Schmitt wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm seeing issues with stale content from mirrors that are listed as
> > being up to date at https://mirror-status.centos.org/
> >

> Which basically checks the main root of the content dir and then
> displays that page.
> Not shown on that page is the result of the crawler process *then* only
> verifying *all* repositories metadata and comparing with local cache
>
> Normally , assuming that you don't have other internal caching
> somewhere, it should get the list of validated (and still to be
> considered current) mirrors.
>
> --
> Fabian Arrotin
> The CentOS Project | https://www.centos.org