[CentOS-mirror] Download speed issues with us-msync.centos.org

Fri Aug 7 13:25:15 UTC 2020
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 28/07/2020 23:54, Lance Albertson wrote:
> Are there any known speed issues with us-msync.centos.org
> <http://us-msync.centos.org>? We've been noticing issues with syncs
> taking longer than normal and causing issues with our round-robin while
> the sync is still running on our primary mirror.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Lance,

No particular "known" issue, but because there are more and more mirrors
pulling from us, and that it still runs from donated machines (so even
just connected at 100Mbits in the US, and even *less* in some regions
like Asia), it depends on which node you land, how many updates you're
pulling through rsync and also people hitting it through httpd too.

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab