[CentOS-mirror] Stale mirror content

Mon Aug 17 19:12:22 UTC 2020
Thomas Bellman <bellman at nsc.liu.se>

On 2020-08-17 18:33, Lance Albertson wrote:

> We've been noticing this lately on our mirrors too and we sync upstream to
> CentOS's primary mirrors. For example, this morning we got dozens of emails
> such as these:
>
> Not using downloaded epel/repomd.xml because it is older than what we have:
>   Current   : Sun Aug 16 00:47:07 2020
>   Downloaded: Sat Aug 15 00:25:46 2020

It says "epel".  EPEL is provided by Fedora, not CentOS, and they
have their own mirror network.

(But we got the same errors at my site as well.  Our EPEL mirror pulls
from mirrors.kernel.org, which was apparently stale, but they seem to
have resolved their problem now.  We just pulled new content from them
to our mirror.)

--
Thomas Bellman,  National Supercomputer Centre,  Linköping Univ., Sweden
"Life IS pain, highness.  Anyone who tells   !  bellman @ nsc . liu . se