[CentOS-mirror] Removal of mirror.alpha-labs.net

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Wed Dec 9 09:54:45 UTC 2020

On 09/12/2020 07:36, Christian Reiss wrote:
> Hey,
>
> as CentOS is now a complete and utter piece of garbage
>
>  - https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/
>  - https://www.reddit.com/r/CentOS/
>  - https://centos.rip/ <- my favorite
>
> I am no longer willing to give then any of my resources.
> Please remove mirror.alpha-labs.net from any and all servers.

Hi Christian,

I can understand frustration and so why you reacted like you did.

My only message would be actually : "Don't shoot the messenger [TM]" ... :/

Let me just (if you permit it) slightly disagree with your "CentOS is
now a complete and utter piece of garbage"  : CentOS Linux itself hasn't
changed and will remain so still need a mirror network, etc .. But
probably not worth discussing on the list as myself I'd like to wait
some days to publicly say what I think of all this.

Anyway, let me thank you for having been part of the wide CentOS mirror
network in the last years, as you helped people using CentOS

I've removed your mirror from our crawler DB and so shouldn't be
"crawled/validated" anymore

Kind Regards,
--
Fabian Arrotin