[CentOS-mirror] Can't pull from msync.centos.org

Thu Jan 9 16:30:09 UTC 2020
Rich Greenwood <rgreenwood at shastacoe.org>

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 4:00 AM <centos-mirror-request at centos.org> wrote:

> On 07/01/2020 17:34, Rich Greenwood wrote:
> > My mirror at mirror.shastacoe.net <http://mirror.shastacoe.net> can't
> > pull from msync.centos.org <http://msync.centos.org>.  I'm still syncing
> > to another mirror.  https://mirror-status.centos.org/ shows it all green
> > with a last probe of 'renewed'.  Did I miss something?
> > --Rich
>
> That sounds like a mismatch somewhere between authorized IP and the one
> you're using to pull from.
> In your request (and that's also the A record for mirror.shastacoe.net),
> you mentioned 66.244.1.50 and it's clearly in the ACL.
> Are you sure you don't have IPv6 on that host ? as rsync would try first
> with IPv6 (if not called with "-4" parameter to force ipv4 connection).
> If you have IPv6, even better ; welcome to 21st century :)   .. so just
> push AAAA record for your mirror and let us know so that your IPv6
> address would enter the DB and so be authorized in the ACL too

 My bad.  I only changed the hostname from the mirror I was using to
msync.centos.org, but I didn't change the module from centos to CentOS.
It's working now.

 IPv6 is high on my list, I have it at my brdr, but haven't brought it in
yet.  Unfortunately, things keep getting inserted above it on  my list.
I'll let you know.  Thanks.
--Rich

--
Rich Greenwood