[CentOS-mirror] [External] Re: Updates to mirror.net.cen.ct.gov

Mon Jun 29 07:36:39 UTC 2020
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 26/06/2020 15:48, Pennington, Mike wrote:
> Following up on this from last week.  We are successfully RSYNCing and have allowed ICMP for 8.43.84.0/22.  But our mirror still shows down on the status page.  Is there anything else we need to do or allow for us to show up active again?

Mirror doesn't seem reachable from various places I tried, so as long as
it will not act as a fully public mirror, all our tests will fail, and
so mirror will be listed having issues ..

FWIW :
>/dev/tcp/mirror.net.cen.ct.gov/80

Timeout like if a firewall was blocking requests, which is of course the
opposite side of one wants to have for a *public* mirror :)
--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab