[CentOS-mirror] Mirror monitoring script Contrib

Tue May 12 01:09:03 UTC 2020
Cambo.Host Mirror Service <mirror at cambo.host>

Hello fellow mirrorers

This morning I started writing a wrapper for rsync to monitor the syncs
and notify me of failures, however before I continue I'd like to ask if
anyone else has such a script they'd like to share so as not to re-
invent the wheel.

The script I'm planning will obviously run the rsync and notify me by
email of faults, but it will also monitor rsync in case it stalls.
This happens sometimes if by chance there's some upstream network
maintenance and a disconnect occurs in the middle of a sync.

Look forward to seeing other people's solutions.

Cheers from Cambodia!