[CentOS-mirror] Mirror: centos-canada.vdssunucu.com.tr listed as Canadian mirror

Tue Nov 17 16:14:29 UTC 2020
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 17/11/2020 16:59, Richard Muise wrote:
> I’d like to suggest that the mirror centos-canada.vdssunucu.com.tr
> <http://centos-canada.vdssunucu.com.tr> should not be listed as a
> Canadian mirror. The IP look indicates the virtual host is in Turkey,
> not Canada. Perhaps it should be listed under Turkey mirrors instead.
>
> I searched the Centos-mirror mailing list and could not find any
> discussion of this site before.
>
> Thanks.

I know it looked "strange" by looking at vhost/fqdn, but GeoIP lookup
confirmed (from our pre-flight check) that it's indeed in Canada

And here is the original request that arrived on mailman, so yes, it was
discussed :
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror/2020-November/024530.html

Do you have other GeoIP DB/proof that server isn't located in Canada ?
--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab