[CentOS-mirror] Mirror: centos-canada.vdssunucu.com.tr listed as Canadian mirror

Wed Nov 18 05:15:03 UTC 2020
Christopher Hawker <email at chrishawker.com.au>

AFAIK, you don't need to be an IT company, or even operate a business. You just need to be able to meet the requirements for hosting a CentOS mirror so being a reseller shouldn't matter.

The mirrors should be removed as they are not in the locations mentioned.

Thanks,
Christopher Hawker

________________________________
From: CentOS-mirror <centos-mirror-bounces at centos.org> on behalf of Alexandre Leonenko <alex at esecuredata.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 18 November 2020 1:20 PM
To: Mailing list for CentOS mirrors. <centos-mirror at centos.org>; richardmuise.ca at gmail.com <richardmuise.ca at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CentOS-mirror] Mirror: centos-canada.vdssunucu.com.tr listed as Canadian mirror

To me it seems like Altinsoft.net is actually a reseller. They don't own any actual servers. In Canada, certain locations, the power costs are cheaper than Europe
That's probably the reason the mirror hosted here in Canada.

And like Christopher mentioned, both IPs resolve to OVH in Quebec
http://i.ping.pe/A/P/img_AP8D9PsK.png
http://i.ping.pe/h/d/img_hduxpPZ2.png

Regards,
Alex